Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- Save the Date: November 5 – All students in NYC are expected and required to attend NYU Madrid Spring 2017 Pre-Departure Orientation
- ASAP – Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- ASAP – Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Spain). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- ASAP – Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- October 21st – Attend visa workshop.
- October 22nd – This is the earliest date to begin the visa application process; DO NOT apply for a visa before this date.
- By October 24 – Confirm your place in the program
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- October 21 – Deadline to apply for the academic internship program (11:59pm ET)
- ASAP – Run a GlobalChek Plus query to confirm what type of visa you need prior to traveling to Madrid.
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center, if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Madrid Spring 2017 Facebook group
- ASAP (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- October 14, 12 – 2pm – Madrid Study Away Kick-Off. Come celebrate and meet fellow classmates!
- October 14, 10 am – 2 pm – NYU Passport Drive